Saturday, August 24, 2013

#4: Today

I've been writing a lot of doomsday blogs lately which can be quite depressing. And part of the reason is that I seem to have a capacity for taking the news, however bad. A lot of my companions are not so gifted. :)

And, maybe, just maybe, one of the reasons I am gifted in this way is because of my faith in Jesus Christ. He gives me strength and I thought I would try and convey a little of that strength to you today.

The Good and the Great, what does that mean? If you have faith in Jesus, the second person of the Trinity, the only begotten Son of +God, you are blessed indeed. For a long time I never understood just what a blessing it is to know and be known of God. Now, I have a glimpse and what a glorious glimpse it is!

When I think of all the terrible things that are happening all around us and all the terrible things to come I pray “Oh God, what do I do, what direction should I take”. Sometimes I start to become depressed. But then the Holy Spirit answers me and says things like…The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps Proverbs 16:9, and I am comforted knowing that no matter what the Evil do and no matter what I do God’s Will, will be done. What an incredible blessing this is! If you are a born again believer, seek the will of God in your life you cannot make a wrong turn! No matter what decision you make it will be the right one in that it will be directed of God. There is so much peace in this especially in this world we live in.

I also lament over my own Sin and short comings and am reminded that “If we are unfaithful, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny who he is”, 2 Timothy 2:13.

He also instructs me, telling me that no matter what I do (now this is not to give license, but it is true) that no matter what I do, I am blessed. If I sin, He covers me; if I do well, He rewards me, if I stray He finds me and if I follow him I am even more blessed. If I mourn I am to be comforted and if I am happy I can sing songs of praise to a God who always has my back. If I am poor, I am like He was while on Earth, if I am alone, so were the prophets, if I am single, so was He, if I am lonely, I have only to turn to Him and to know that I am part of the vast family of God.

I can’t lose; it’s either the Good or the Great for me! And you know what, it can be that way for you too! All you have to do is accept the atonement and enter into a personal relationship with Him.

No comments: